January 16, 2011
Oh yes, we have bananas!

Shopping day for groceries took from 10am - 7pm. I was still putting things away this morning. I thought I was done with the long list of where everything was put. But then the captain came back produce from his property which is a ´finca´, or small plot of land, with bananas, tomatoes, oranges, spices, etc. Apparently he is trying to take his finca with him. Now we have to find places for everything. There are bunches of rosemary, spearmint, peppermint, something like chard, and many things I couldn’t even begin to pronounce. I’m not quite sure how to use them either. I believe he brought at least one whole trees worth of bananas. I figure we each need to eat about 10 bananas a day to eat them before we reach land in about 20-26 days in the Caribbean. So now I have to add bananas to each section of every list because there are bananas in every conceivable space.
Remember the banana man when we were kids?
Skipper Jose Antonio, his wife Lali, and his close friend Domingo.