November 14, 2012 
Catching Up

I can't believe how much time has passed since my last post. I always try to catch up on my blog before my next adventure.  Like usual, I tell my adventures in photos.  So here are some of the wonderful and eventful things that happened this summer.
 My Dad passed away this summer at 85 years old.  He lived 5 years longer than my mother.
The people at assisted living and the nursing home all loved him so much.
He had a good, long life.  We got to know him in a different way, as a patient and positive person.
The Fam.  Four brothers, one sister and their families.
 Seattle Center.  
Sometimes it's nice to see our everyday sights through a tourist's eyes. 
Seattle is a beautiful city.
 The Children's Wading pool.  
The Space Needle.
 Across from Seattle is Port Madison.  Always so beautiful and tranquil 
and just a short distance from home.
 4th of July on Lake Union. 
I believe this was the best seat 'on' the house for viewing fireworks.
Pirates landing.
Summer Solstice Parade with the notorious nude bicycle riders opening up the day.
A ferry ride to San Juan Island was the start of a week long sail on 'Severance'
to the West Coast of Van Vancouver Island and Barkley Sound.
I never tire of the ferries.
We started the journey by sailing to Victoria, BC, Canada.  
The Victoria Marina has such a beautiful waterfront and the marina is right downtown.
Coming in to Bamfield on the West Coast of Vancouver Island.
This was the warmest time of the year in August and it was cold!
 A beautiful board walk to stretch your legs. 
 Beach walking.
Not many boats or people around.  Just mostly nature.
There were mostly working fishing boats at the marina mixed in with a few pleasure boaters.  
No many sail boats pass by here because of the open ocean waters.
Neighboring boaters preparing dinner from the day's work.
The Pacific Northwest is such a beautiful area to sail.  But now I departed to sail with a friend in San Francisco.  To get there, I took a 6 hour bus to Victoria, then a ferry ride, a bus ride home and then I drove with the skipper to San Francisco and his chartered boat. 
It was definitely cold weather to hot weather.  A nice change!
 Sailing with Dan on the San Francisco Bay.  The weather gave us two possible conditions, 
either no wind and blazing hot, or howling like crazy with rain gear.  
You can see which type this one was.  We purchased an umbrella to use as a bimini.
Dan was enjoying the California wines on a sidewalk restaurant in Benecia, California.
His mother used to be a model and I think he carried that trait.  
He was always happy to pose for a photograph.
 Driving back to Seattle from San Francisco, I took my time driving up the coast.
This is Lime Kiln State Park.
 The water was so peaceful.
Going up or down this was the view.
After hiking a short mile, this was the reward.
Aaahhhhhhh.......
 The Oyster Run where almost everyone donned their Harley Davidson duds on their motorcycles.  We ate oysters and drank beer throughout the day starting for breakfast and ending up returning home after dark.
I'm not much of a motorcycle person but it was fun!
I like the crocheted telephone pole art.  The term people use for this is called either 
'Yarn Bombing' or 'Knit-fitti'.  
 I spent the weekend with a wonderful boating couple from Portland.
 We visited their house on Mt. Hood and magically, it snowed about 1 foot that night.
This has been my only snow in the last 2 years.  It was wonderful!
Next stop, India!